What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form. We group the collection of user information into two categories: Personal and Non-Personal.
Personal information is collected upon orders or registering on the Sites and consists of the following:
- First and last name;
- E-mail address;
- Mailing/billing address;
- Phone number; or
- Credit/debit card information
All of the foregoing personal and financial information and related materials shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as “Personal Information.” Any Personal Information you provide to us is voluntary and you can opt out of providing certain Personal Information requested by us by emailing us at the following: email@example.com. However, your refusal to provide certain Personal Information requested as part of providing New Republic may hinder or otherwise restrict your ability to use the Site. You may, however, visit the Site anonymously.
Non-Personal Information is not identifiable to any specific individual or member and consists of more general demographic information. Non-Personal Information includes, without limitation, the following:
- geographical location based off of IP address;
- the type of browser and operating system used by users;
- any interactions users may initiate within New Republic;
- user interactions with the Site’s features, including search terms;
- and other inferences about users’ interests made based upon the foregoing.
All of the foregoing non-personal related materials shall be collectively referred to hereinafter as Non-Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information”). This information is not intentionally gathered in a fashion to personally identify any single user. We use this information to help us develop New Republic, analyze patterns of usage and make New Republic more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users.
How do we use your information?
We collect Personal Information and Non-Personal Information (collectively “User Information”) to make the Site more rewarding for you to use.
Any of the User Information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- Register you as a user on the Site;
- Manage and maintain your user account on the Site;
- Improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you;
- Record purchases that you have made on the Site;
- Process transactions, including billing, shipping and tracking your orders;
- Send periodic emails for processing and updating you on your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, and related product or service information.
- Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- Take general location information from your browser for foot traffic analysis;
- Allow you to post comments on our website, on social networks and other media;
- Administer a contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- Protect you against fraud and unauthorized transactions, including identifying potential unauthorized users and/or hackers;
- Enforce our Terms of Service, Use, and Purchase;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and policies.
How is this Information Shared?
There are certain circumstances in which we may share your User Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as set forth below:
- We may share information about you with trusted third parties to perform functions on our behalf in order to improve your user experience. These third parties may contact you about products, services or promotions you may be interested in, or to otherwise improve your user experience with the Site. For example, outsourced customer care agents or technology assistants may need access to your information to perform services you requested. Your information will be treated as private and confidential by such service providers and not used for any other purpose than we authorize.
- When it is necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of New Republic, its users, customers, or the public.
- As required by law, to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, to exercise our rights, or to defend against any claims. You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose information you provide if required to do so by law, at the request of a third party, or if we, in our sole discretion, believe that disclosure is reasonable to (1) comply with the law, requests or orders from law enforcement, or any legal process (whether or not such disclosure is required by applicable law); (2) protect or defend New Republic, or a third party’s, rights or property; or (3) protect someone’s health or safety, such as when harm or violence against any person (including you) is threatened.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your Personal Information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your Personal Information. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Stripe payment processing and is accessible only to those authorized with special access rights to such technology and are required to keep the information confidential.
New Republic stays up-to-date with the latest in security technologies to ensure that your credit card information, contact information and shipping/billing information are confidential and safe. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Data that is transported over an open network, such as the Internet or e-mail, may be accessible to anybody. We cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted via such open networks. When disclosing any Personal Information via an open network, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to others, and consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Your data may be lost during transmission or may be accessed by unauthorized parties. We do not accept any liability for direct or indirect losses as regards the security of your Personal Information or data during its transfer via Internet. Please use other means of communication if you think this is necessary or prudent for security reasons.
Notice for California Users – California law entitles residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for those entities direct marketing purposes. If you want to request a notice or have any questions about New Republic privacy practices, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web beacons, or clear gifs, are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use web beacons, tracking technology, and other automated tracking methods to help us better manage content on our Site and measure performance and engagement. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your personal information.
New Republic may occasionally send you emails regarding special offers, promotions, features and/or product updates. New Republic may also communicate with you on behalf of third parties about special offers, promotions, features and/or product updates we think may be of interest to you, or you may have opted-in to receive newsletters or special promotions from one of our trusted third party providers. If you decide you do not wish to receive these communications, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link or by following the instructions included in the communication. We will take commercially reasonable steps to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten business days as we process your request. However, you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary for use of the Site, such as billing or shipping confirmations.
You must be 18 or over to purchase any products from this Site and use any of the Site’s services.
The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 may view this Site, but they cannot make a purchase or provide any personal information. New Republic has no intention of collecting or soliciting Personal Information from persons under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 may view this Site, but Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that you can use to prevent your children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If a child under age 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us and we will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
Links To Third Party Sites
6380 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 1106
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Updated December 30, 2016